AIVP Study Mission to Belgium
November 13-14, 2018 – Brussels and Antwerp
Introductory presentation by Michael DOOMS
The Walloon ports case
The Flemish ports case
The case of the of the Brussels Capital Region
The City Port relationships in Antwerp
See the proceedings.
Read the case study on Brussels.
8-9 november 2018 – Le Port (La Réunion – France)
The AIVP Indian Ocean Days, hosted by the Municipality of le Port (Reunion Island) aimed to lay the groundwork for regional cooperation on the issues that ports are set to face in the future.
The debates took place around three key themes:
Theme 1: City-port strategies for a maritime living environment
Theme 2: Economic city-port trends for the Indian Ocean
Theme 3: Measures in favour of employment in the port cities of the Indian Ocean
See the proceedings
16th WORLD CONFERENCE CITIES AND PORTS
Quebec City, CANADA – June 11-14, 2018
Topic 1: The waterfront Next Generation ? I’m living and working here!
Topic 2: Healthier, greener: my port city environment Next Generation.
Topic 3: Training, learning, creativity: my education Next Generation.
Topic 4: Carbon free, circular: the port industry Next Generation.
Topic 5: A smarter logistic: my mobility Next Generation.
Topic 6: City, Port, Citizens: the co-construction Next Generation.
The AIVP Days – Le Havre, 29 30 june 2017
– Synthesis and conclusions
– Comments from delegates
– Key note speech
– Panel 1: Return on investment for the territory
– Panel 2: Le Havre, territorial appeal and the Port-City relationship
– Panel 3: Creating a community of Port-City interests
– Panel 4: Opening up the City Port interface to the port as a spectacle
– Panel 5: Bringing City / Port / Citizen interaction to life
15e WORLD CONFERENCE
Rotterdam, Netherlands, 5-7 Octobre 2016
Crossovers : how to imagine a new model for the City Port economy of the future?
– “Circular Economy”
– “Innovative Business”
– “Smart Technologies”
– “Joint Planning Strategies”
– “Climate Resilience”
– “Social Innovation”
The AIVP Days – Malaga, 23-25 June 2016
Panel 1: Megaships: which impacts on port cities?
Panel 2: Preparing the City Port for the advent of megaships
Panel 3: The City Port projects of Málaga
Panel 4: Mega cruise ships: the challenge of managing high cruise passenger traffic in urban settings
Panel 5: Ports & CSR policy: bringing the citizen port community together to take action
AIVP Study trip – Tangier, 19-20 November 2015
Visit 1 : Strategic positioning of Tanger Med
Visit 2 : The Tanger Med Port Center and the passenger and ferry port
Visit 3 : Tangier, industrial and logistics platform
Visit 4 : “Tanger Ville” built its future
The AIVP Days – Dublin, 28-29 may 2015
Panel 1: “Working waterfront”: a space oriented towards maritime economy
Panel 2: “Working waterfront”: a space of maritime and port culture
Panel 3: Port-city projects and challenges in Dublin
Panel 4: “Working waterfront”: a space for green innovations
Panel 5: “Working waterfront”: a space fitting within its territory
AIVP Regional meeting – Guadeloupe, 26-27 March 2015
Session 1 : Make citizens BE a partner in the PORT City tandem
Session 2 : Intensify international exchanges
Session 3 : economic innovation and Port city Governance
Session 4 : Waterfront and cruise, two major assets for the Caribbean
14th WORLD CONFERENCE
Durban, South Africa, 3-6 November 2014
With AIVP, optimise the organisation of your port-city territories and the constant flows passing through.
Let’s build the Smart Port City!
– Building a Smart Port City for today and tomorrow
– Tools and good practices to built the Smart Port City
– Durban, a competitive port and a dynamic city in the Indian Ocean
– Smart Port, Smart City : how to match performance to challenge?
– Anticipating consequences of global challenges with an Urban Smart Port
– Logistical organisation, the key for an Enterprisedriver Smart Port anchored in its territory
– The Citizen Smart Port is built jointly with the inhabitants
– Urban Smart Port : spatial optimisation, density and mix
– Energy transition, the industrial challenge of the Enterprise-driver Smart Port
– What dialogue tools are available to the Citizen Smart Port?
– Smart Port, Smart City, how to match performance to challenge?