The 6th Port Citizen meeting, held on 24 and 25 October 2019 in Bilbao, was attended by over 50 people from 10 different countries. 3 innovative tools were presented.
6th Citizen Port Meeting - Bilbao (Spain), 24-25 October 2019
Sign up to the Missions Charter to involve your port-city actors!
Order the Port Center guide and start building the Port Center you need!
Create your Port Center with the AIVP’s expertise!
Certify your structure with the Port Center by AIVP seal!
- Garden Route Port Festival, organized by Transnet (South Africa) brings people to the port in cultural activities 14 November 2019
- The Port Center of Algeciras (Spain) will be located in a multifonctional building at the City Port interface 13 November 2019
- The South African International Maritime Institute (SAIMI) hosted the Forward Thinking for Maritime Education and Training Excellence Conference to discuss the new skills development and entrepreneurial opportunities offered by the blue economy and the 4th industrial revolution. The underlying discussion was the need to speed up the creations of jobs in the ocean economy, to reach the targets of the Operation Phakisa, launched in 2014, to expand the blue economy 30 October 2019
- The Port of Strasbourg offers new guided tours responding to the success of previous visits during the European Heritage Day. The tours will take place on November 6th 30 October 2019
- European ports meet in Venice to discuss the future of cruises 21 October 2019
- Port of Valparaíso hosts a painting competition for children called “Brush Strokes for the Port”. The event took place in the Baburizza Museum and the winning paintings will be incorporated in the aerodynamic spoiler developed by the company Venti 21 October 2019
- Chilean ports contribute to the quality of local life by collaborating in the maintenance of public spaces 16 October 2019
- The Maritime Heritage Institute of South Africa hosted the Inaugural Maritime Heritage Conference in the Vaal University of Technology, in Vanderbijlpark. The three days event focused on a broader understanding of maritime heritage and its role in sustainable economic development. 11 October 2019
- The “Puerto Educa” program continues in Talcahuano, with a new visit from high-school students to the port of San Vicente in Chile 4 October 2019
- Aportem, the solidarity organization of the port community of Valencia, helps 800 children in the beginning of the school year, providing them schools supplies and sport clothing 2 October 2019
👏🏆.@Port_of_Dover wins the #ESPO Award 2019 for its social communication. Read our news on the 4 finalists ➡️ https://t.co/1I5DpzRQsX
Excellent work and good idea to inspire other countries! #portcenterbyaivp #AivpAgenda2030
@ItalianPortDays included as a good practice in agenda 2030 AIVP @assoporti @aivp_net
Excellent activity on behalf of Italian Ports!
See more at: https://t.co/zKWpboxLr9
And at: https://t.co/3KsBS7uusd
A career as a master mariner is challenging and rewarding. Join fine art photographer @victoriapiersig, our @HbrMasterPSJ Chris Hall and tugboat & tall ship captain Greg Colp on Nov 19 from 7-9 pm at Saint John Art Centre to learn more @MMofCanada @SJArtsCentre @aivp_net