The 6th Port Citizen meeting, held on 24 and 25 October 2019 in Bilbao, was attended by over 50 people from 10 different countries. 3 innovative tools were presented.
6th Citizen Port Meeting - Bilbao (Spain), 24-25 October 2019
Sign up to the Missions Charter to involve your port-city actors!
Order the Port Center guide and start building the Port Center you need!
Create your Port Center with the AIVP’s expertise!
Certify your structure with the Port Center by AIVP seal!
- Open Innovation Challenge for green logistics and sustainability organized by the Thinkport Vienna (Austria). Ideas can be submitted until May 17th on the three main topics: Location of inland ports in energy, logistics and innovation; services for urban logistics and cities; and connectivity exploring waterways as supply routes. 23 March 2020
- The port of La Rochelle (France) celebrates its 130 anniversary inviting locals to share their stories about the port and displaying historical documents. The port also welcomes in the port house the « Le tour de La Rochelle en 52 tableaux » from Allan Stephens. 18 March 2020
- Plastic Whale: a company in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) is “fishing” for plastic in the city’s canals and transforming it in furniture and boats. 18 March 2020
- Citizens from Valencia (Spain) can now explore the port’s archives in a new digital platform 18 March 2020
- Culture and Students in the port 11 March 2020
- Agreement for a City Port project between the Junta de Andalucía, the City and Port of Algeciras 26 February 2020
- New grant for Indian women seafarers. The national government has created the Maritime Training Trust that will provide scholarships to encourage women to pursue careers in the shipping industry. 19 February 2020
- New agreement between German University and port of Trieste (Italy) to create a port and logistic center of expertise focused on energy. 13 February 2020
- Port, city and university of Durrës (Albania) sign an agreement to foster local entrepreneurship. The POWER (Ports as Driving Wheels of Entrepreneurial Realm) MoU will focus on key areas such as energy efficiency, business enhancement, fuel replacement and renewable energy 13 February 2020
- Five community groups will benefit from environmental grants from the port of Seattle 5 February 2020
Another good option for the #QuarantineLife is to explore port cities from your sofa, for example, checking the live webcams like those from @PortOfRotterdam, #Europe's biggest port https://t.co/HZhek24dVV
Remembering when we prepared with @bilbaoport the 6th #PortCenterbyAIVP workshop, last October. Have a look and leran from home about the Bilbao and the importance of its river!
#ItsasmuseumDesdeCasa 💧🚢⛵⚓ Os llevamos Itsasmuseum a casa de nuevo, en una nueva dosis en formato de video. Hoy veremos la importancia historia de la Ría de Bilbao y su cauce original.
Vídeo completo aquí ⬇️
Enjoy the collection of the @MuseuMaritim of Barcelona at home! Loving the initiatives of many port and maritime museums for the #QuarantineLife
Les col·leccions del @MuseuMaritim al vostre abast. Des del nostre website o des del la plataforma @googlearts . Us esperen milers de peces que ens ajuden a comprendre la nostra història marítima i de la navegació. #museusacasa @CulturaDIBA @bcncultura