For the 6th edition of the Citizen Port Meeting on 24 and 25 October 2019 we will go this time to Bilbao in Spain, where the Municipality and the Port Authority are members of AIVP. The program will be organized around three vectors related to the 10 commitments of the AIVP 2030 Agenda:
- [Renewed governance] Citizen participation / Living Labs
- [Port Culture & Identity] The cultural value of the port and how to explain it?
- [Human Capital] Education and contact company-school
In this meeting you will have a program with:
- Time to exchange with colleagues and learn what other Port Centers have been doing,
- sharing good practices, but also learning from everyone's mistakes and successes,
- the presentation of the Bilbao Port Center and the policies it implements to improve the social commitment of the port,
- and of course site visits, including the Port Center and the Guggenheim Museum
Based at the Maritime Museum, the Port Center – opened in March 2018 - occupies part of the building’s second floor, around 418 m². The Port Center showcases new technologies in a fun way, explaining the realities of ports today. The port authority invested 400,000 € in the new exhibition, which is intended to complete the maritime museum’s existing exhibits. This development makes Bilbao the most recent AIVP’s port city member to adopt the Port Center as a key resource for City-Port-Citizen mediation.
During the meeting, the Port and City Stakeholders of Bilbao will also sign the Charter of the Missions of a Port Center, reinforcing their commitment with the AIVP and the Port Center Network.
Group limited to 40 people and reserved exclusively for AIVP members.
- Welcoming of participants
- Official opening of the 6th Citizen Port Meeting.
- Bilbao stakeholders Signing of the Port Center Charter.
- President of the Port Authority, Mayor and President/director of AIVP
9:45 The Bilbao Experience
- Presentation from the Port Authority– Why do we invest in a Port Center? How do we organize the project?
- Presentation by the Maritime Museum Director– New partnerships to disclose port culture
- Presentation by Local stakeholders
- Presentation of technical solution in Bilbao PC -company
- Questions by the audience
11:00 Coffee Break
11:20 Keynote speech 1: Inspirational concepts for Port Centers: The Living lab approach (tbc.)
11:40 Thematic presentation: Citizen participation for port city governance. New technologies for a central role of Port centers.
Agathe Bianchin - Chargée de développement - Cap Collectif
11:55 PCN Member Presentation: Port Centers as a tool for regional value. The case of Lorient
Frank Antich Y Amengual - Directeur d’étude-pôle aménagement économique - Audelor
12:10 Workshop: Discussion and exchange of ideas between participants around key questions
- How to include citizen participation?
- Human capital development? New jobs – New education?
- Engaging local stakeholders in the Port Centers.
15:30 Bilbao Port Center Visit
17:00 Closing session – Final questions
17:30 Walk along the riverfront – Knowing the local context
18:00 Guggenheim Museum Visit
20:00 Return to hotel
9:00 Bus and Boat visit to the port-city-region of Bilbao
12:30 Return to Hotel – City centre
We invite you to make your own hotel reservation. We recommend the hotel Conde Duque, which is close to the workshop.
The Hotel Conde Duque proposes a discount on the normal fare using the following promo code: PNC2019