download presentation (20 pages)
Pursuing this objective of awareness and enhancement of port activities, PORT CENTERS provide the public, initiated or not, with the possibility to discover, experience and understand better contemporary port activities. A space open to the widest public, it can cover subjects such as industrial port activities, the goods transported, international trade, the port professions or again the integration of the port with its city and many others.
Two elements are essential and common to the various PORT CENTERS: an exhibition and educative activities. By presenting the diversity of the activities, their economic spin-offs for the territory and the potentialities in terms of employment for younger people, PORT CENTERS have the vocation of explaining, educating and bringing together the port community and the citizens.
The PORT CENTER is not only a “visitors” center with an exhibition. One of the main objectives of consist in organizing port excursions/visits, port lectures and other port educational projects with a broad network in the port community (private and public stakeholders), schools and universities.
- Create the link between citizens and their port, make people be proud of their port
- Develop the idea of a “ port citizen”
- reate a feeling of community, it should be a place which federates ideas and enables people to meet
- resent and explain the port, the industrialo-harbor trades in order to give birth to vocations and to share harbor values
- Establish a new long-lasting relationship between city and port
- Collaborate with the port community in order to develop on-site visits and to enable confrontation with reality
HOW CAN AIVP ASSIST YOU – DIFFERENT ACCOMPANYING SERVICES
Every Port Center has to answer to a specific context and be adapted to the history and the socio-economic situation of its port city. Our accompanying approaches tailored aim at bringing support to your project and helping you in identifying the major issues that have to be addressed.
Federate stakeholders – Initial support in the first step of your project
- Presentation of the Port Center Concept to the stakeholders to build a team project;
- Co-ordination round table discussions;
- Discussions around the Port Center Guide;
- Creation of a territorial dynamic.
Define your project – From a first guidance to a Business model
- Contextual analysis of your project;
- Private meeting with each stakeholder;
- Provide guidances;
- Definition of your business model.
Capitalize on our worldwide network – Boost your project with benchmark visits
- Logistic organisation of the mission;
- Visits of port interpretation centers certified “Port Center by AIVP”;
- Meeting with managers and animation teams;
- Exchanges around Port Citizen policies.
For tailor-made approaches contact us and order the “Port Center Step by Step Guide” here
Your contact : Greta Marini, Port Center Network Coordinator
Tel: +33 7 82 99 70 24, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org