2018 is a year of celebration!
AIVP is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2018! Over those three decades, our global network has followed all of the latest port city developments, and witnessed far-reaching changes not just in the port industry, but also in the urban and social fabric of every port city. AIVP will be looking forward to the next thirty years, and identifying the challenges that lie ahead for the world’s port cities.
AIVP’s 30th anniversary festivities are also an opportunity to celebrate today’s port cities and the people that make them.
AIVP 30th Anniversary Video Project
A series of 8 documentary videos, each lasting 5 to 10 minutes and available in 3 languages (French, English and Spanish), will show the common issues shared by the world’s port cities yesterday, today and tomorrow. The series will underline the new challenges which port cities will have to meet in the next 30 years. Some of the themes to be addressed are:
- Transformation of city-port spaces
- Resilience to climate change
- Development of cruises
- Port city, source of jobs and innovation
- Making nature your ally for port city development
- Keeping the port open to the public once it has been moved away from the city
- New forms of mobility and logistics (multimodal functions, smart technologies, etc.)