What is the Port Center Network?
It is a working group that focuses on sharing best practices related to the subject of port, city and citizen integration, and in promoting the concept of Port Center.
It meets annually to exchange on the latest innovations in the field of dialogue with the citizen. So far, six workshops have already been organised: Ashdod in 2014, Dunkerque in 2015, Antwerp in 2016, Le Havre in 2017, Genoa in 2018 and Bilbao in 2019.
The Port Center Network has the ambition to:
- Federate and develop collaboration between the existing initiatives
- Giving a better visibility and promote Port Centers all over the world
- Introducing a clearer port city dimension in order to enhance their collaboration
- Offering a benchmark platform for new initiatives looking for successful experiences
- Make collaborate in a more proactive way citizen, port community and the academic world
- Get more interested the economic actors to participate and support
The initiative has been blessed by other port networks such as:
Don’t miss our next events
Waterfronts are one of the most attractive sites in port cities. They include public spaces, […]
Despite the most recent efforts by estates and international organizations. Climate change is a palpable […]