Descargar la ponencia / fichero pdf – 15.3 Mo
Lord Mayor Christy Burke was elected the 345th Lord Mayor of Dublin at the Annual City Council meeting held in City Hall on Friday 6th June 2014.
First elected to Dublin Corporation in June 1985, Christy is one of the longest serving Councillors on the Council.
Formerly a member of Sinn Féin, he is now an Independent Councillor representing the North Inner City Ward on Dublin City Council.
He is a member of the Inner City Helping Homeless group and in a personal capacity he provides alcohol addiction services. He is also a big fan of Dublin GAA and supports Dublin Footballers whenever he can.
His priorities for his term as Lord Mayor are:
• Work to improve housing provision
• Assisting the Homeless of Dublin
• Improving services to those with disabilities
• Tackling the challenge of illegal dumping
• Erecting a statue of Luke Kelly