Ecocity – World Summit on sustainable cities – Nantes, 25/27 September 2013: Special contribution by AIVP
In response to a request by the Port of Nantes-Saint-Nazaire, AIVP is organising a session devoted to the problems facing port-cities at the Ecocity 2013 summit, on the subject: “The port, a key partner in shaping the sustainable city”.
AIVP intends to demonstrate, to an audience of players involved in urban development, that ports already play a very active and highly innovative part in the responses contributed by port-cities to the global challenges of sustainability.
The Ecocity concept was originally designed to:
- Facilitate exchanges among local, regional and governmental decision-makers, researchers and civil society,
- Bring together all the different disciplines on sustainable cities,
- Offer equal treatment to all speakers,
- Enable citizens to play a role.
This 10th edition positions “The city as a vital area of work to grapple with global sustainability issues”.
- Growing the AIVP network: Mariupol, a Ukrainian port city’s strategy
- The ports of the Seine Axis, HAROPA, listening to their territories with AIVP
- AIVP at the first Smart Port Day in Marseilles
- AIVP provides international expertise to Dublin Port for the new masterplan for Odlums Mill’s cultural quarter