In October 2022, AIVP will launch the first edition of its new programme of distance-learning courses, created jointly with the International Institute of Port Cities (IIPC). This programme is intended for all those who are called upon to act within the City-Port ecosystem and to reflect on how to make port cities more sustainable. The courses will be given in French.
An information meeting open to all interested persons will be held on Tuesday 13 September 2022 from 4 to 5 pm (CEST) on the Zoom platform.
The programme consists of 5 successive courses:
- Governance of Port Cities.
- Sustainable Economy of Port Cities.
- Urban and Natural Environments of Port Cities.
- Cultures and Heritage of Port Cities.
- Prospects of Port Cities.
Objects of the Programme:
- Acquired systemic, interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary knowledge of port cities.
- Shared their professional practice or civic contribution in a comparative perspective within and between different geographical areas.
- Learnt the logics used by different actors when analysing a problem and in searching for common solutions.
Modalities and timetables of the courses : The courses will be given in French. There will be two 90-minute sessions per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 16.00 to 17.30, Paris time. The sessions will be broadcast online live, using the Zoom platform.
Dates: 1. Governance : Tuesday 18 October to Thursday 24 November 2022
2. Sustainable Economy of Port Cities : Tuesday 29 November 2022 to Thursday 12 January 2023 (*)
3. Urban and Natural Environments of Port Cities : Tuesday 17 January to Thursday 23 February 2023
4. Cultures and Heritage of Port Cities : Tuesday 28 February to Thursday 06 April 2023
5. Prospects of Port Cities : Tuesday 11 April to Tuesday 23 May 2023
Dates to be confirmed at the end of September 2022. (*) Interruption during the Christmas and New Year period.
Registration fees: AIVP members, NGOs and civil society representatives: 900 Euros excluding tax per course (**)/ Other categories: 1200 Euros excluding tax, per course (*). Your registration will be validated upon receipt of payment. In the case of multiple registrations from the same organisation, a 15% discount will be applied from the second participant onwards.
(**) The 5 courses must be taken successively from course 1 to course 5, although it is possible to take the first 2 courses in the 2022-2023 session and the last 3 in the 2023-2024 session.
Learn more about the distance learning programme: here
Dr Sabah ZRARI
Academic Director of the programme of course ‘Port cities Sustainability’
+56 985 670 705
Dr Sabah Zrari has been leading several continuing education programmes on sustainable port cities since 2019. She has a PhD in Political Science from Sciences Po Paris as well as a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Comparative Societies, and a DESS in Urban Planning, Development and Local Development from Sciences-Po Paris.
Deputy General Manager General Administration Member of the Management Committee
+33 2 35 42 78 84