Call for applications
Introduction and objective
AIVP and MedCruise have decided to create a new joint Working Group (WG) focused on sustainable port- city relationships and cruises. The goal of the new WG is to reflect and share good practices that can facilitate a better coexistence between port cities and cruises. The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the cruise lines regular functioning, effectively stopping the sector from operating all over the world. This is also an opportunity that both organizations want to use to strengthen their cooperation and help their members overcome this difficult period and plan a more sustainable future.
The tasks of the WG will be:
- Create a benchmarking of current best practices developed all over the world that can contribute to improve the relationship between port cities, citizens and sustainable cruises. The AIVP Agenda 2030 can be a guiding document to organize the best practices that in the broader context respond to the Sustainable Development Agenda identified by the UN, on 3 main, well-known, pillars: Environment, Society and Economy
- Identify the current challenges and risks that can slow down the implementation of good practices. Discuss sustainable approaches for tourism and cruise markets in port cities
- Improve the dialogue with local governments, pressure groups, NGOs, national bodies, or other actors involved in the cruise-port city relationship
Role of members
Members of this WG will have to actively participate in the meetings and contribute to the debate. The meetings will take place between 5 and 6 times per year to be confirmed in the first meeting. Members will also have to contribute with their experiences, good practices, or challenges. A yearly article and final document are one of the expected outcomes, contribution to these texts will be welcomed.
Application and Calendar
Members of AIVP and MedCruise can apply to be part of the WG. Each organization will be able to propose 10 members.
The language of the WG will be English
AIVP members interested in joining this WG should send an email to: email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of the person that would be representing their organization and his/her and position
- Short explanation (100 words) of their motivation to join this working group and their expectations
- Indicate one example of project developed to improve the interaction between port city and cruises