AIVP’s AGM took place online on Tuesday 24 November 2020. It was attended by 78 members, from 20 different countries. The members were able to debate and formally approve AIVP’s new development strategy for the period 2021-2024.
This new strategy is focused on citizens’ aspirations. With this in mind, AIVP’s visual identity will change to better reflect the human aspect of its work. A new, more user-friendly website will soon be online, featuring a newly created members’ area. The revamp is designed to achieve a number of ambitious objectives, including:
- Doubling the size of the members’ network within three years
- Renewing our organisation’s governance
- Strengthening our network of international experts
- Reinforcing the content of the AIVP 2030 Agenda (our version of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, specially adapted for port cities)
- Enhancing the content of our “Port Center” concept
Naturally, the AGM ended on an optimistic note looking forward to the next World Conference, due to take place in Tangier from 12 to 16 October 2021, where we hope to be able to meet up with our whole network face to face.
AIVP has joined forces with Nüag, a start-up using Blockchain technology to ensure reliable, anonymous and secure remote voting procedures.