On Tuesday 18th October 2022, some twenty participants inaugurated the first course of the programme: Sustainable Port Cities (in partnership with the International Institute of Ports Cities). This 1st edition is composed of several organisations coming from various continents: Porto di Taranto (Italy), Montreal Port Authority (Canada), Port Autonome de Lome (Togo), AIA Territoires (France), Société du Port à Gestion Autonome de Toamasina (Madagascar), Ville de Libreville (Gabon), Societe Commerciale des Transports et des Ports – Port de Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of Congo), Collectivité de Corse (France), Agence d’Urbanisme de la Région Nazairienne (France), Administration Portuaire de Québec (Canada), Region Atsinanana (Madagascar), Société de Manutention des Marchandises Conventionnelles (Madagascar).
The programme includes the following courses:
- Governance of Port Cities.
- Economy of Port Cities.
- Urban and Natural Environments of Port Cities.
- Cultures and Heritage of Port Cities.
- Prospects of Port Cities.
Objects of the Programme
- Provide systemic understanding of port cities and prioritise a comparative perspective within and between different geographical areas.
- Share experiences, innovations and good practices between people representing different ports, territories and parts of civil society.
The courses will be given in French.