les villes portuaires et les ports, ont les atouts nécessaires pour être des postes avancés d’une réflexion privilégiée reliant les potentialités de leur territoire et les potentialités du bassin indo-océanique.
Why an Indian Ocean Group at AIVP?
A decision-making tool to help design sustainable development projects.
Temps d’échanges essentiel pour la dynamique du réseau. Soutien aux projets en développement.
AIVP Indian Ocean Days, 8-9 november 2018
Le Port (La Réunion - France)
Great success for the inaugural Indian Ocean group seminar – Le Port (La Réunion), 8 & 9 November 2018
The first edition of the AIVP Indian Ocean Days brought together almost one hundred participants from AIVP’s network of members and contacts in the Indian Ocean zone. Delegates from South Africa (Cape Town, Durban, East London and Richards Bay), Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Mayotte made the journey to share their projects with city-port stakeholders in La Réunion.Read more
- The Mauritian government confirms its ambition to convert Port Louis into a regional hub for container traffic 3 December 2018
- Kenya: DP World is developing its logistics platform in Kigali for the national market and also for transit to Central Africa. 21 November 2018
- Kenya: to smooth traffic flows towards its hinterland, Mombasa is trialling double-stacked container trains for the first time in Africa 24 October 2018
- Mumbai: the Victoria Docks cruise terminal to be run by a private operator, who will be able to use the upper two floors and terrace for commercial uses 8 October 2018
- South Africa: Transnet National Port Authority unveils ambitions for Cape Town and Saldanha 26 September 2018
- Mossel Bay, South Africa: the national ports authority consults all stakeholders on the future of the port and waterfront 3 September 2018
- Richard’s Bay: the port, city and industrial operators sign a five-year agreement to establish a shared strategic vision 27 August 2018
- The growth of ship repair activity on the Port Elisabeth waterfront is part of the port’s drive for integration. 15 August 2018