les villes portuaires et les ports, ont les atouts nécessaires pour être des postes avancés d’une réflexion privilégiée reliant les potentialités de leur territoire et les potentialités du bassin indo-océanique.
Why an Indian Ocean Group at AIVP?
A decision-making tool to help design sustainable development projects.
Temps d’échanges essentiel pour la dynamique du réseau. Soutien aux projets en développement.
AIVP Indian Ocean Days, 8-9 november 2018
Le Port (La Réunion - France)
Following to the first edition of the AIVP Indian Ocean Days, organised last November in La Reunion Island, a questionnaire was distributed to identify the expectations of the participants, their personal contributions, and ideas for ways of building on the work achieved at these Indian Ocean Days. The feedback received, both in terms of topics covered and potential partnerships, is summarised in the synthesis paper hereafter. Download the synthesisRead more
- The Maritime Heritage Institute of South Africa hosted the Inaugural Maritime Heritage Conference in the Vaal University of Technology, in Vanderbijlpark. The three days event focused on a broader understanding of maritime heritage and its role in sustainable economic development. 11 October 2019
- Port-Louis: the Mauritius Port Authority awards the contract to build the new cruise terminal to a joint venture, CRBC-PADCO 30 September 2019
- Zimbabwe is modernising its North-South corridor to connect with other SADC countries and the Indian Ocean ports. 4 September 2019
- SAIMI in South Africa launches the National Maritime Awareness Programme to foster national maritime culture and pride in the ocean’s environment 26 August 2019
- Durban: four derelict buildings demolished to make way for new developments at the Point Waterfront project site 21 August 2019
- Transnet Port Terminals (South Africa) launched the student exposure program AIM for young port city citizens. The students will get to discover the port and the different careers paths that can take in it 22 July 2019
- Port Elisabeth (South Africa): Port Manager restates his ambitions for the waterfront project 26 June 2019
- Mozambique: faster than expected port growth raises the need to obtain further investment and the adoption of a new port law. 24 June 2019