The ‘Port City Sustainability’ programme of remote courses is a joint initiative by the International Association of Ports and Cities (AIVP) and the International Institute of Ports and Cities (IIPC), a port city training organisation.
It is conceived as a practical tool for the use of different actors in ports and territories in their efforts to achieve the sustainable development goals. It therefore forms part of the goals of the AIVP 2030 Agenda, and specifically Goal No 4: “Promoting city port dialogue through a renewed governance approach aimed at reconciling the quest for economic and environmental performance with the well-being and aspirations of the population.”
Each course lasts for a total of 18 hours spread over 6 weeks (two 90-minute sessions per week).
The 5 courses must be taken successively from course 1 to course 5, although it is possible to take the first 2 courses in the 2022-2023 session and the last 3 courses in the 2023-2024 session. The courses will be given in French.
The programme includes the following courses:
- Governance of Port Cities.
- Economy of Port Cities.
- Urban and Natural Environments of Port Cities.
- Cultures and Heritage of Port Cities.
- Prospects of Port Cities.
Objects of the Programme
- Provide systemic understanding of port cities and prioritise a comparative perspective within and between different geographical areas.
- Share experiences, innovations and good practices between people representing different ports, territories and parts of civil society.
- Reflect on the adaptation of practices to sustainable port city goals and propose improvements and/or innovations.
WEBINAR - DIGITAL
To participate in this event, please register.